On Tuesday, September 3, 2019, I returned theweeklyriff.com, .net, and .org, back in to ether known as the world wide web. Yes, after 11 years, the journey is finally over.
Am I sad? No. I had made my peace with the closure of the business back in 2017. When I initialized closure procedures in 2015, I was angry and disappointed. To a certain extent ashamed that I had failed. However, as time went on, I realized just what an accomplishment The Weekly Riff Ltd. had been.
- I taught 3800 lessons between 2008 and 2015, and had served over 300 students in that time.
- I built two brands that were recognized, though Riff Centre was the more recognizable of the two.
- I did this in a foreign country without having to learn the local language.
- I learned to be a webmaster. I managed to also learn the basics of marketing, branding, and accounting.
- I learned to sell my services and also managed secure a couple of B2B deals.
Not bad for a musician. I could proudly call myself an entrepreneur.
I couldn’t have accomplished all that without my students and friends who helped me along the way. I thank everyone involved with TWR and Riff Centre from the bottom of my heart for some of the most rewarding years of my life.