The Premise of the Chicken Nuggets Shootout
I wanted to do another food video and got to talking with my friend, Thomas, who suggested that we should do a chicken nugget shootout together. So, he’s in the video and we executed his idea with my methodology.
We essentially followed the idea from the cheeseburger shootout I had done in March, featuring nuggets from McDonald’s, Burger King, Hesburger, and Lidl. It was fun!
(watch the video below)
Here’s a quick summary of what we learned:
- Even if the nuggets from the fast food places look the same, they are not the same in taste or texture.
- Not all dips were created equal. Burger King has smartly teamed with Heinz for a superior dip.
- The nuggets from Lidl were awesome just on their own, requiring no extra seasoning to be edible.
- McDonald’s has most certainly spent time engineering in the perfect combination.
- Heinz makes AMAZING sauces! (Needed to be mentioned again)
We also learned what should be avoided:
- Hesburger dipping sauces were horrid. Specifically the BBQ and Sweet&Sour dips.
- Burger King nuggets were dry and tough. (This may have been a bad batch, but we didn’t special order them either.)
- Even if Burger King teamed up with Heinz, the combination is not perfect. The superior dips could not correct the bland product.
- No KFC in Finland for comparison.
- Hesburger nuggets were too greasy.
I hope you enjoy the video and subscribe to my channel HERE
You can watch my cheeseburger shootout HERE